Search This Blog

Monday, June 27, 2016

Leaving on Retreat Today: Life is Hard, Treat it with Prayer

My annual five-day silent Ignatian retreat using the Spiritual Exercises begins this evening so I will be pulling the plug on all my gadgets: no phone, no computer, no TV, no social media -- just five blissful days with the Lord and St. Ignatius. It's a great week to go since we celebrate the feasts of St. Peter and Paul and St. Irenaeus, one of the Fathers of the Church. I will be in their spiritual company.

Know that I'll be praying for all of my family, friends, and those who read my newsletter and blog whether you are fan or foe.
We are all brothers and sisters. Some of us are related through Baptism; others are related through our common parents, Adam and Eve. I am bringing all of you with me spiritually and will be praying for you throughout the week. I invite you to join me in praying for our Jesuit pope whom I'm taking with me in spirit. Somehow I don't think St. Ignatius is smiling at his actions although I'm sure he is interceding for him with all the Jesuit saints and martyrs in heaven.

If I have time before I leave, I'll be scheduling several posts to go online while I'm gone, but I won't be moderating any comments or seeing any emails. So if you comment, be patient. I probably won't see them until after the 4th of July since I'm returning to a houseful of arriving guests for the holiday.

May you have a blessed week and please pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment