Search This Blog

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Are You a Spunky Christian? Then You Will See!

Lord, that I may see! 
Can you imagine if the Bible event of Jesus curing the man born blind (today's gospel) were a news report? Imagine the headline:
Man Born Blind Sees Again - Cured by Carpenter from Galilee!
And then the cured man is interviewed:
Who did it? 
Jesus, the Galilean. 
Were you really blind from birth?
Yes, just ask my parents. 
How did he do it?
He mixed dirt with his saliva and put it on my eyes and told me to wash in the pool at Siloam and when I did I could see.
And then the Pharisees question him -- again...and again. Jesus is a sinner they say; He cures on the Sabbath.

When did a sinner ever cure a man blind from birth the cured man counters.

Who are you to question us, the pharisees ask and throw him out.

I love that man! What spunk! He is totally convinced that Jesus is a man of God and nobody is going to make him back down. And so Jesus seeks him out and tells the man that he's the Messiah. And the man kneels and worships Jesus.

What a story! What a courageous man. His parents are afraid to speak openly because they're afraid of being thrown out of the synagogue. Ask him; he's old enough to speak for himself. And their son? He's one heroic dude, fearless in challenging the hypocrisy of the pharisees!

And his reward is great. The Lord of the universe seeks him out and invites his worship.

Wow! Please make me like the man born blind, Lord. He sees more clearly than most. Please give me that same faith and courage to challenge hypocrisy and do God's will just as the man born blind did.

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know about me, but that blind man saw what no almost no one else could see. Thank you for this nice post!

    ReplyDelete