Friday, March 18, 2011
Linda Gibbons: Pro-Life heroine of Canada
I urge you during Lent to pray and sacrifice in solidarity with Linda who has united herself so closely to the persecuted Son of God. Her case goes before the Supreme Court of Canada next December. In the meantime she'll be in court on another matter in April. But she remains incarcerated because she refuses to go along with a bail condition to stay away from the abortion mills. Please pray for justice for Linda and for all those who defend the rights of the babies.
Want to thank Linda for her witness?
Vanier Center for Women
655 Martin Street, Box 1040,
L9T 5E6, Canada
And here are mailing guidelines for prison mail per a friend of hers:
1. Don’t use stickers (address, return address, pro-life) on the envelope or card.
2. Don’t send any laminated cards, bookmarks, prayer cards, pro-life pamphlets. Non-laminated items will get to her.
3. Don’t ask direct questions about daily activity of the detention centre.
4. Put your address directly in the card or letter. (Sometimes the mail sorter keeps the envelope and Linda feels badly if she can’t write back.)
5. If you would like to send a monetary gift to Linda it must be a money order made out to “Linda Gibbons.” The detention centre will deposit the money directly to her account. She uses any donations for envelopes and stamps.
6. Many people add a variety of Christian reading material in their mailings to her. She often shares articles with others in the Centre. She can receive pro-life material that show the development of the baby but not post-abortion photos. She can’t receive books. Try to stick to one or two pages of reading materials or pamphlets.
Linda Gibbons to get a hearing before the Supreme Court of Canada
Final arguments in Gibbons abuse of process hearing