Search This Blog

Monday, August 24, 2015

If Your Adult Child was an Abortionist, What Would You Say to Her?

Abby Johnson of And Then There Were None has begun a new project called Love Letters. It was inspired by the broken-hearted mother of an abortionist who asked her how she could reach her daughter. It inspired this poignant letter. Read more at the website. Please pray for Cheryl and for her heartbroken parents. Is there any worse grief than fearing your child will go to hell? I am asking Blessed Jacinta, who had such a heart for sinners, to intercede for this abortionist and her family.


To Cheryl, my daughter
"I have so much to say to you, my precious child. I’ve loved you since before you were born. You were the culmination of my dreams and hearts desire for 8 years before your birth. We were so proud and joyous waiting for you to be born. I had such great dreams of you being a doctor to help heal people, deliver babies, and treat the many ailments of mankind.

Your dad and I sacrificed so much for you to become a doctor. We were so proud when you graduated from medical school and finished your residency in Chicago.

Then our hearts were broken and our spirits were slashed by your choice to perform abortions. We cry everyday, I don’t think we will ever feel a greater pain than on that day we learned of your decision to be an abortionist. Your dad and I are broken people because of your decision. Your desire to do exactly what you want has had deep ramifications on all of us who love you so much. You family has been so deeply hurt. It kills babies, the most vulnerable of all life, and hurts these mothers who have chosen to have the abortion…her life will be forever impacted by her decision.

You may ask how we, as parents, survive knowing the child we’ve borne is an abortionist? Every morning, with sadness and tears, I am greeted with this reality. Yet I am comforted by my Savior who suffered much for me. I am comforted by prayers of friends with whom I’ve shared my agony. Many scriptures give me strength: God is sovereign over all and that includes my woes… We walk by faith and not by sight… Sight will always defeat me but faith is strong in the Lord’s word… To Him who is able to do immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine.. I’ve not put my faith in something that is not able to deliver me from my circumstance… When, I am broken, He heals me and calls me His own and I am made whole… My grace is sufficient for thee, for my power is made perfect in weakness.

Our sweet daughter, we still love you even if though there is this searing pain in our hearts. We pray constantly for your eyes to be opened so the light of truth may flood your soul. We know that God is the only One who can reach you. Please stop performing these abortions, and return to us, your mom and dad, who ache to see you and hold you close again. You don’t need to explain or apologize to us. Just stop and you will be received with open hearts and open arms waiting to hold you. We will never hold this against you.

Anyone considering being part of the abortion industry, I know you have good intentions, but good intentions can be used by Satan to do evil. The results of your deeds are death and destruction of family relationships. Many are impacted by your choice, their pain is deep.

I so wish this nightmare would end."


No comments:

Post a Comment