Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Jesus Told Stories, Do You?

This morning I was reflecting on storytelling. I was also reflecting on jokes and humor. Storytelling (Aren't jokes just short, funny stories?) has always seemed to me extremely powerful. When you share personal stories with people, they tend to open up and engage with you in a more intimate way. 

This article I stumbled upon today seems to explain the science behind the power of storytelling. So...do you have a story to share about the impact of storytelling in your life? I think I'll reread the parables of Jesus and think about how the crowds must have been reacting as they listened. Did they laugh when he said the pharisees strain at a gnat and swallow a camel? Were they nodding when he said nobody lights a lamp and then puts it under a bushel basket? What's your favorite parable of Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment