Search This Blog

Sunday, June 1, 2014

So....We Missed the Ascension Altogether!

Our diocese (Arlington) celebrates Ascension Thursday on Sunday. So when we went to Mass on "Ascension Thursday" we got the alternative daily Mass. We were in the Diocese of Pittsburgh for Sunday Mass and they  celebrated Ascension Thursday on Thursday so we celebrated the seventh Sunday of Easter this morning.

Think about it. We missed the Holy Day altogether. That is the nutty situation of the U.S. Church these days. Frankly, I'm bummed. I happen to love Holy Days and we got cheated out of the Ascension this year.

It reminds me of the soup Nazi in Seinfeld. "No Ascension for you." I will remember 2014 as the year we missed out on the Ascension.

3 comments:

  1. Amazingly, I kinda did too. The lay lectors read the readings from the Seventh Sunday of Easter, but Father read the right Gospel. I'm happy to have Mass - but ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Write a letter! We need to let our bishops know we want our Ascension Thursday back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went to Ascension Thursday at St. Rita's and then on Sunday it was Ascension again.

    ReplyDelete