Search This Blog

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Chick-fil-A had a Booming Day Yesterday!

I went to the restaurant in Harrisonburg with two of my grandchildren to meet my brother and my sister-in-law. We were late for lunch (to try to avoid the crush - LOL!). It was close to 2 p.m. and mobbed both inside and out. We waited about fifteen minutes for our milkshakes and thirty for our food which was hot and good. High five for Chick-fil-A. The employees were all cheerful and the crowd was patient and enthusiastic.

And now for other parts of the country:

Check out Janet's video at the Chick-fil-A in Germantown, MD which is in Montgomery County - a liberal county in an uber-liberal state. Here's what the Detroit Free Press reported. And here's ABC's report which shows incredible support all over the country. Here's CNN's story.

And how are the "gays" responding? With a kiss-in scheduled for Friday. That's appropriate. The public can get a glimpse of the gay lifestyle. If it's anything like gay parades they'll get a view of more than kissing. I suspect the exposure (pun intended) will do more to wake people up than help the homosexual worldview gain approval.

The virulent attack on Dan Cathy has been a blessing in many ways. It gave the Christian community a non-confrontational way to show support for traditional marriage. Thanks to all the homosexual propagandists who meant it for evil, God used their actions to bless the U.S. yesterday. Now if that enthusiasm can extend to the voting booth....

5 comments:

  1. I fully support the right of Mr. Cathay to speak his mind and put his money where his mouth is. I find it tragic that people will get motivated to spend hours waiting in line at Chik-fil-a and yet will not spend an hour or a dime to feed the hungry, visit the sick, donate a bag of clothing to a shelter, counsel a pregnant teen, or do anything else that would make an actual difference to a real human being. I am surprised that you , Maryann, have jumped on this shallow bandwagon. I thought you had some sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fail to see how you connect the two TJ. It is quite likely that the very same persons who are willing to go to this trouble to defend freedom of speech are exactly the people who do the things you suggest.

    It is awfully judgmental to condemn them for one good thing because you somehow think they don't do some other good thing.

    Each of us is called to support the good as we see it. Who are you to imagine that you know what another is doing? The people at Chick-fil-A! were supporting freedom of speech and many the definition of traditional marriage as between one man and one woman.

    How is that anything but good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...you know all about everybody who went to Chick-fil-A yesterday. Not only that, but you've judged them to be uncaring, selfish, and shallow.

    Now how could you possibly know what those folks are doing, how much they give to charity, and what kind of apostolates they are serving?

    Your comment is a classic example of grossly uncharitable rash judgment and so typical of liberal argument.

    My bet is that most of those folks go to Church, are active in the community, and care very much about others.

    I wonder what comment you'll have for the homosexual "kiss in" tomorrow. Oh...but liberals are so generous -- like Joe Biden with his tax return showing a whopping $300 to charity. People who "argue" like you do make me shake my head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the kiss-in is ridiculous, also. Funny how you brand me a liberal when that is far from the truth. I am speaking from reality. When is the last time you saw national news coverage about a group of people doing any of the things I mentioned? This is all about hype and anger. I really feel like it is immoral. Talk about shaking my head...

    ReplyDelete
  5. TJ,

    Sorry if I misjudged you, but you argue like a liberal. I.e., you bring up a topic and then make attack statements against individuals rather than address the topic you brought up.

    But now you've really puzzled me because you're making a point about the media not covering stories about those who feed the hungry, etc. which is completely separate from your initial statement judging those who showed up for appreciation day. Do the people showing their support for free speech and traditional marriage have any control over what the media does?

    The reason the story got traction is that millions of people showed up. And, having been there myself, I can testify to the cheerfulness and good-natured attitude of people as they waited. It was edifying.

    The media couldn't ignore a story of that magnitude without exposing themselves as the biased bigots they are.

    Even so, gay activists are trying to frame the debate and the day as an example of "hate" and "homophobia" because anyone who disagrees with their twisted definition of "marriage" has to be attacked as "homophobic."

    Well, I'm certainly not homophobic. I'm not afraid of homosexuals any more than I'm afraid of fornicators or adulterers or polygamists. I pity and pray for them. Unless they repent they will probably never see God face to face. I can't think of anything sadder than that.

    ReplyDelete