Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Rest in Peace, Darling Nellie

March for Life Leader, Nellie Gray, dies at 88. 

I had the tremendous privilege of meeting Nellie in the early years of the March for Life and going out to dinner with her and my parents. My mom was a stalwart supporter who marched every year with dozens of sponsors and probably raised over a hundred thousand dollars over the years. I always sponsored her and one year, when she couldn't march, I marched for her. Nellie and I crossed paths at numerous pro-life events, the last time at a Brent Society dinner in 2009 when she received their Distinguished Service Award. She was as spellbinding as ever.

Rest in peace, darling Nellie! I know millions of cherubic little faces were there to greet you and can imagine the blessed reunion between you and Pope John Paul II, Henry Hyde, Jerome Lejeune and all the champions of the unborn who went before you.

You leave behind millions of spiritual sons and daughters to carry on your work, new generations of pro-life young people ready to stand in the gap.

Thank you, Nellie, and Godspeed. May the Divine Assistance remain always with you and may the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment