Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

CRS Loves to Hire Pro-Abortion Employees!

Woman who rammed pro-lifers with car was Catholic Relief Services employee

No wonder the bishops' charities have such a record of supporting contraception and abortion when these are the types of employee they have on the payroll. Seems like the bishops' charities are magnets for those who hate the Church. How the devil must laugh on payday!

Boycott CRS, CCHD, and Catholic Charities -- actually, you'd be wise to boycott all the second collections as a policy. There are plenty of worthwhile charities out there that deserve our support: the Missionaries of Charity, the Sisters for Life, the Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist, solid Catholic schools, your local cloistered contemplatives, etc. 

Oh, and this is a good time to reflect on today's first reading from Ezekiel:
The word of the Lord came to me: Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel....Thus says the Lord God: Woe to the shepherds of Israel who have been pasturing themselves! ....You have fed off their milk, worn their wool, and slaughtered the fatlings, but the sheep you have not pastured. You did not strengthen the weak nor heal the sick nor bind up the injured. You did not bring back the strayed nor seek the lost, but you lorded it over them harshly and brutally. So they were scattered for lack of a shepherd, and became food for all the wild beasts.... 
Therefore, shepherds, hear the word of the Lord: As I live, says the Lord God, because my sheep have been given over to pillage, and because my sheep have become food for every wild beast, for lack of a shepherd; because y shepherds did not look after my sheep, but pastured themselves....hear the word of the Lord: Thus says the Lord God: I swear I am coming against these shepherds. I will claim my sheep from them and put a stop to their shepherding my sheep so that they may no longer pasture themselves. I will save my sheep, that they may no longer be food for their mouths. 
For thus says the Lord God: I myself will look after and tend my sheep.
Unfortunately, the Church in the U.S. is filled with shepherds busy pasturing themselves. They leave their oversight responsibility to professional bureaucrats who, in many cases, are enemies of the faith. Pray and fast for bishops and clergy. The devil assaults them day and night because their downfall devastates the sheep in their care. Love your bishop. Pray for him and speak the truth even when it makes you a pariah in your diocese. Join the club: Pariahs in the Pew. Our model is the widow who harangued the unjust judge. Remember, eventually he gave her justice.

3 comments:

  1. Is there a good adoption organization to donate to, one that will definitely only adopt out to one-man-one-woman couples?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right off hand I don't know. I think it would depend on the state laws. I think Massachusetts and California force gay adoption. In Virginia, agencies only place children with married couples and the state does no recognize same-sex marriage. So Virginia agencies would be a good bet, but I would want to interview the agencies. Sorry I can't be more helpful. Anybody out there with an answer?

    Here's an article on Virginia policy. http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2012/02/virginia-will-allow-adoption-agencies-turn-away-gay-people/48982/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can Mass. force gay adoption? If the agency is entirely private and taking no gov. money I don't see how. Agencies have various criteria like age, and I don't see why they couldn't discriminate against gays just as much as age.

    There are many dioceses who are withdrawing from offering Catholic adoption services. Some of them are doing so because they can no longer get government subsidies, but I don't think that should be a reason to withdraw from adoption help. The Catholics in the pew, if properly informed, would probably love to chip in to make up for what we aren't getting from the government. The Church needs to continue to offer adoption services...they are the bulwark against the brave new world. The world needs to see Catholic parents lined up to adopt babies just as profligately as people lined up at Chik-Fil-A.

    If you do find a national adoption agency that limits to man-woman couples, please post here...even if it's not Catholic, it's upholding signature Catholic principles.

    ReplyDelete