|Little girls are girls and little boys are boys!|
Rational thinking isn't totally dead! Here are some points from the recent statement of The American College of Pediatricians on Gender Ideology and its devastating impact on children:
- "The norm for human design is to be conceived either male or female. Human sexuality is binary by design with the obvious purpose being the reproduction and flourishing of our species. This principle is self-evident."
- "No one is born with a gender. Everyone is born with a biological sex. Gender (an awareness and sense of oneself as male or female) is a sociological and psychological concept; not an objective biological one."
- "A person’s belief that he or she is something they are not is, at best, a sign of confused thinking."
- "Rates of suicide are twenty times greater among adults who use cross-sex hormones and undergo sex reassignment surgery, even in Sweden which is among the most LGBQT – affirming countries."
- "Conditioning children into believing a lifetime of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex is normal and healthful is child abuse."
What a joy it was to come across this statement, which is temporary and will be succeeded by a fuller statement next summer. How gratifying to know that there are some doctors out there who haven't lost their minds or their integrity and still recognize that "Facts -- not ideology -- determine reality." Their statements aren't limited to children, of course. Adults like Bruce Jenner suffer from the same "confused thinking" and "gender dysphoria" which the statement identifies as a "recognized mental disorder in the most recent edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of the American Psychiatric Association." Of course, we know the American Psychiatric Association is a politically-motivated group that removed homosexuality as a mental disorder after extensive lobbying by gay activists. So we'll see what they do with "gender ideology" in the future. No doubt the gender bender crowd is already trying to get their insane perversion identified as normal.
In the meantime, however, praise God and pray for these sensible pediatricians to be like yeast in the medical profession. They illustrate that at least some doctors out there haven't gone mad! These are the kinds of doctors I'd want, not only for children, but for myself! (Hat tip to Creative Minority Report.)